A "Straight Talk"
"Compassion Fatigue: Reclaim the Joy of Caring"
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET
1-hr Continuing Education Credit Course*
Compassion Fatigue: Reclaim the Joy of Caring is a skill-building program offered by LifeNet Health, dedicated to providing healthcare professionals with the ability to identify the symptoms of compassion fatigue and strategies to overcome burnout. Participants will learn how to set boundaries and goals to break the compassion fatigue cycle. Not only does compassion fatigue affect the workplace environment by decreasing productivity and increasing turnover, it also affects overall job satisfaction as well as emotional and physical health.
- Gain a theoretical understanding of the history and causes of compassion fatigue and burnout, to identify personal risk factors & symptoms, as well as their personal and professional impact.
- Be able to discern healthy vs. unhealthy caregiving.
- Identify the challenges of thwarting compassion fatigue and the strengths that enable the individual to minimize burnout.
- Identify methods to incorporate learnable skills, a self-care plan, prevention, and interventional strategies to enhance resilience and healthy change.
Karin Frosio is a healthcare leader, with over 30 years of experience in the educational & healthcare sectors. In addition to holding a Masters degree in Health Administration, Karin is also Certified in Thanatology, in recognition of her expertise in the field of death & dying, a Certified Grief Counselor, Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional, and is EQi-2.0 Certified in the field of Emotional Intelligence.
Karin serves as a National Director for LifeNet Health, a non-profit tissue bank, and has been with the organization since 2010. In this role, she has had the opportunity to incorporate her passion for engaging with other healthcare professionals, and is a frequent conference and workshop presenter on the topic of Compassion Fatigue. Karin has a broad perspective on the subject from her work with individuals, teams and leaders across North America within hospitals, hospice organizations, funeral homes, and medical examiners.
Karin enjoys helping others maximize their emotional intelligence to thwart burnout, incorporate mindfulness to improve resilience, and successfully navigate a healthy work/life balance, in order to live and work from a place of abundance. She is EQi- 2.0 and EQi 2.0 360 Certified – Multi Health Systems (MHS).
The most frequent comment from her workshop participants is: “Everyone should be required to take this course!”
*Earn 1-hr CE credit toward license renewal at no cost to IFDF members (firm establishment owners, individual members, and affiliate members)
To obtain continuing education credit:
- You must be an IFDF member (firm establishment owner, individual member, or affiliate member).
- You must attend the full webinarto obtain credit; partial credit will not be awarded.
- You must login to Zoom using your full nameand remain logged into the webinar for the entirety of the event.
- Prior to or immediately after the event, forward your FL license number to Ruth Bedell, to sign up for CE credit.
- IFDF will issue documentation granting credit within 2 weeks post-event after verifying full attendance.
Not an IFDF member? You can join as an Individual member for $40/year and earn up to 6 CEUs at no cost and $20.00 each for the next 6 CEUs toward your license renewal by attending the monthly “Straight Talks” continuing education webinars.