RESCHEDULED FTC Funeral Rule Compliance from Certified Safety Training
Presented by Mark Harrison and Ebonē Dukes, Certified Safety Training
Thursday, February 23, 2023
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm EST
A "Straight Talk"
(1-hr CE Webinar*)
"FTC Funeral Rule Compliance from Certified Safety Training"
Partner, Certified Safety Training
Ebonē Lipsey Dukes, MBA, CFSP
Director, FTC Compliance
Certified Safety Training
About this Course
This course is intended to help you, the funeral provider, comply with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC or Commission) Funeral Rule. The Funeral Rule went into effect on April 30,1984. The Commission revised the Rule early in 1994; revisions became effective later that year. The Funeral Rule requires you to give consumers accurate, itemized price information and various other disclosures about funeral goods and services. If you violate the Funeral Rule, you may be subject to penalties of up to $43,280 per violation.
This course explains the requirements of the revised Funeral Rule and discusses how to prepare documents required by the Rule — the General Price List, the Casket Price List, the Outer Burial Container Price List, and the Statement of Funeral Goods and Services Selected. The course also includes a sample price list and a sample itemized statement form.
This course is created by our endorsed providers at Certified Safety Training.
- Know who must comply with the Funeral Rule.
- Understand who gets a General Price List, when it should be offered, and what information it must contain.
- Understand the situations in which Alternative Price Lists may be used.
- Understand when a Casket Price List must be used and what information it must contain.
- Review the purpose of the Statement of Funeral Goods and Services and what information it must contain.
- Understand what information must be disclosed by phone and when.
- Be aware of the 6 misrepresentations prohibited by the Funeral Rule.
- Know what goods and services customers cannot be required to purchase.
About the Presenters
Mark Harrison is the president of Certified Safety Training, the exclusive safety and compliance provider to the NFDA. Mark has extensive experience in online education and digital training and has launched successful online safety and compliance services in the death care,
veterinarian, and dental industries.
Mark has delivered educational seminars to the following associations:
- National Funeral Directors
- National Funeral Directors and Morticians
- Kansas Funeral Directors
- Delaware Funeral Directors
- New Hampshire Funeral Directors
- New York State Funeral Directors
- Independent Funeral Directors of Florida
- Wisconsin Funeral Directors
- Funeral Association of Canada
Mark holds a bachelor's degree from Dickinson College and a master’s degree from Montclair State University. Certified Safety Training is backed by Certified Safety Professionals and more than two decades of death care safety experience and award-winning safety programs. You can contact Mark directly at email@example.com.
Ebonē Lipsey Dukes, MBA, CFSP has nearly two decades of funeral service experience and is an expert in the FTC Funeral Rule. As the Director of FTC Compliance, Ebonē brings extensive experience in education and compliance to Certified Safety Training where she is continuing her work growing the funeral service industry. Her experience and credential include:
- Program Director for Northwest Mississippi Funeral Service Program
- National Funeral Directors Association’s inaugural class of the National Emerging Leaders Program Graduate
- Certified Funeral Service Practitioner
- Master’s in Business Administration
Ebonē a bachelor’s and master’s degree from Bethel University. She is currently pursuing a second master’s degree in Thanatology at Marian University. When she is not working, you can find her crafting, traveling or crime shows with her husband. You can contact Ebonē directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified Safety Training is backed by Certified Safety Professionals and more than two decades of death care safety experience and award-winning safety programs.
- You must be an IFDF member (firm establishment owner, individual member, and affiliate member).
- You must attend the full webinar to obtain credit; partial credit will not be awarded.
- You must login to Zoom using your full name and remain logged into the webinar for the entirety of the event.
- Prior to or immediately after the event, forward your FL license number to Ruth Bedell, to sign up for CE credit.
- IFDF will issue documentation granting credit within 4 weeks post-event after verifying full attendance and will upload the course roster to the licensee portal.