Managing Cyber Risk
Presented by Tony Borreson, Risk Consultant, Federated Insurance
Independent Education Institute
Presents a Straight Talk
"Managing Cyber Risk"
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm ET
About the Course
Cyber-crime is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic exposure in business today. Hardly a day goes by that we don’t hear about a security break or incident involving the loss of sensitive data to hackers. We will discuss several layers of risk management that will help reduce a business’s exposure as well as coverage options available to transfer the risk to an insurance carrier.
Course Objectives: Understand the anatomy of a cyber event, cyber security best practices, establish a cyber incident response plan, money, and banking cyber protection best practices, understanding cyber insurance.
About the Presenter
Risk Consultant – Risk Management Resource Center. I began my Federated career in May 2018 as a communications specialist, contributing to spreading our risk management message to clients and association members. In November 2020, I began working hands-on with clients and association members.
I am a Minnesota native, rarely going too far from Federated’s home city of Owatonna. I graduated from a southern Minnesota college with a degree in journalism, and spent about 10 years in local news before joining Federated.
Something few people know about you:
My first professional job included preparing obituaries for print. I have experience working with funeral homes, helping in my small way to provide some level of comfort to the families they work with.
Personally From Tony:
I look forward to assisting association members with their risk management needs. My team and I in the Risk Management Resource Center specialize in helping clients develop a risk management culture by acquainting them with the materials and resources Federated offers.
- You must be an IFDF member (firm establishment owner, individual member, and affiliate member).
- You must attend the full webinar to obtain credit; partial credit will not be awarded.
- You must login to Zoom using your full name and remain logged into the webinar for the entirety of the event.
- Prior to or immediately after the event, forward your FL license number to Ruth Bedell, to sign up for CE credit.
- IFDF will issue documentation granting credit within 4 weeks post-event after verifying full attendance and will upload the course roster to the licensee portal.