The Myths, Misinformation, and Facts of Mortuary Education and Testing
Presented by Professor Fin, ABFSE President
A Straight Talk
"The Myths, Misinformation, and Facts of Mortuary Education and Testing"
Professor Joseph Finocchiaro
Funeral Service Educator, Miami-Dade College
Social Media Personality
American Board of Funeral Service Education
Wednesday, July 19, 2023
3:30pm - 4:30 pm EST
(1-hr CE Course*)
About the Course
Description: Join Professor Fin, Funeral Service Educator, Social Media Personality, and current President of the American Board of Funeral Service Education and he talks about the funeral service education, professional testing, and common misconceptions industry partners have regarding both of those topics. Learn about the steps both academic associations and testing associations take to ensure relevance of their information and quality of their assessment techniques.
- Explain who the American Board of Funeral Service Education Is and what we do.
- Explain who the International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards is and what they do.
- Explain the relationship between both organizations and the roles they individually play in licensure.
- Based on recently survey information, talk about who is teaching the next generation of licensed professionals.
- Talk about the ways that mortuary schools assist businesses and professionals even after graduation and licensure.
- Talk about the important of association partnerships with educational institutions.
About the Presenter
Joseph Finocchiaro is an Associate Professor of Funeral Service Education at Miami Dade. He is best described as an edutainer as he brings a passion for teaching and unique sense of humor to the classroom stage. He has taught courses in all areas of funeral service education and in several states. Mr. Finocchiaro has served as a chapter editor for funeral service textbooks, published articles in funeral industry publications at both the state and national levels, and assisted a multi-national task force of plastic surgeons and was listed as a co-author on their study. Currently, he is President of the American Board of Funeral Service Education, owner of Mortifin Consulting and Training, LLC, and runs a popular YouTube channel. He holds professional memberships with the National Funeral Directors Association and the Independent Funeral Directors of Florida. He is a member of the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice. He has served as a military program evaluator for the American Council on Education, is a member of several philanthropic Masonic bodies, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity, and Pi Sigma Eta Honor Society.
- You must be an IFDF member (firm establishment owner, individual member, and affiliate member).
- You must attend the full webinar to obtain credit; partial credit will not be awarded.
- You must login to Zoom using your full name and remain logged into the webinar for the entirety of the event.
- Prior to or immediately after the event, forward your FL license number to Ruth Bedell, to sign up for CE credit.
- IFDF will issue documentation granting credit within 4 weeks post-event after verifying full attendance and will upload the course roster to the licensee portal.